Submissions are now open for PTS Art Gallery Exhibit:
April 11th to June 24th, 2017
Submission Deadline: March 3rd, 2017 4pm
The Pumphouse Theatre is a vibrant facility with historical significance supporting and presenting all art forms; and creating opportunities for engagement, enrichment, cultural experience, learning and inspiration serving all Calgarians. The PTS Art Gallery provides accessible wall display space for Calgary and Alberta visual artists to display and sell their work, free from commission.
Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Artist resides in Alberta and must be available for installation.
- Artist must be an Emerging Artist, defined as being active 5 years or less in the industry.
- Artwork must be delivered ready to hang (wall-space only)
Installation Requirements: All art should be equipped with picture hanging wire or appropriately placed D or Triangle ring hanger. Frames less than 9/16” depth with no attachment can typically be accommodated.
To apply, please send the following information via email or mail:
- PTS Art Gallery Submission Form
- Artist Biography (250 words max)
- Artwork: Photos, maximum of 5, do not send original works.
- Submission Deadline: March 3rd, 2017 4pm
- Installation: April 9-10th 2017
- Gallery Close: June 24th
Applications or queries are sent to:
Pumphouse Theatre Art Gallery Submissions
Attn: Kelly Malcolm, Programming Director
2140 Pumphouse Ave SW
Calgary, AB T3C 3P5
Kelly@pumphousetheatre.ca 403-263-0079 ext. 100
Selection Process: Art pieces are selected by a committee of no less than 3 people and are a mix of artists and administrators. Selection criteria is based on: suitability to the theme, artist’s technique, elicited emotional response, creativity & innovation, and suitability for the Pumphouse Theatre art gallery space and its patrons (ages 8-80 representing various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds)