Parking has always been a challenge at the Pumphouse Theatre and now due to a change in environmental regulation we no longer have access to the empty lot we used to use for auxiliary parking. While we are working with the City of Calgary to remedy this situation, here are some parking tips for attending a show at the Pumphouse Theatre.
- Park kindly: None of our parking spaces have lines to mark the spaces. When you park, please don’t leave more room than necessary between cars. Don’t block any gates that you may find when parking. Those gates are so emergency vehicles can access the CP rail tracks as well as the park and blocking them may result in your vehicle being towed, even if there isn’t a no parking sign.
- Carpool: Not only is it more environmentally friendly, more people in a car means less cars need a parking space and more people make it to their show.
- Do you have an accessible placard? The lot directly adjacent to the building is for staff and accessible parking. If the marked accessible stalls are full, please use any of the other reserved stalls in that lot and make sure your placard is visible.
- Have some extra time and feel like a walk? You have more options!
- Park at the Sunalta Ctrain station Impark.
- Take the Ctrain to Sunalta station. Walk from the station to the building is approximately 5 – 10 minutes depending on your pace.
- Park on 10th Avenue and use the walking path across the CP rail tracks